Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the awesome book nerds over at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new topic is posted and bloggers respond with their Top Ten lists for that week’s topic.
It just occurred to me that we only have two weeks left to finish gift shopping. Whaaaaat? Excuse me while I have a mini-anxiety attack. As you can guess, I haven’t been shopping. I still have only purchased two gifts so far. In my defense though, I’ve been sick. Now I am going to have to make my Amazon Prime membership work for me so the gifts will get there on time. I refuse to step a foot into the mall. It’s shopper eat shopper out there. I’m skeered!
Anyway let’s move onto this week’s topic. I’m guessing this week’s topic is referring to new releases in the first half of 2017. I’m going to cheat a bit and make my list about books I can’t wait to read in the first half of 2017. My goal for 2017 is to concentrate on reading the books already on my shelves and on my Kindle. I’m not going to say that I won’t purchase books, because we know I have an addiction to buying books. My main focus though, will be to read what I already own. Here are the books that I’m looking forward to starting out with in 2017.
- The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness – This is the final book in the All Souls Trilogy. I loved the first book and I’m about halfway through the second book. Hopefully I can finish Shadow of the Night before the end of the year so I can pick up The Book of Life in January.
- The Neverland Wars by Audrey Greathouse – I love love love Peter Pan retellings. This is a book I got for review, but I have not had a chance to read it yet. My goal is to read it before the end of January. I know, I know, I’m behind on my reviews.
- Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy – This is another review book I did not get to in 2016 and I’m looking forward to getting read and reviewed in 2017. I admit the title is what captured my attention, and then the description kept me interested.
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine – I have attempted to pick this one up twice since I received it for review, but I kept getting distracted by other things. What I have read of it so far is very interesting and I’m looking forward to finally getting a chance to finish it in 2017.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith – I was reading this one as part of a read-a-long a few months ago, but I never finished it. I hear really great things about it and I want to pick it up again in 2017.
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers – I have heard so many great things about this book. I kept meaning to pick it up in 2016, but for one reason or another I didn’t. I managed to snag the eBook when it was on sale on Amazon for like $1.99. I could not pass it up. I do prefer the other cover though to be honest. This one kind of reminds me of a B Sci-Fi movie.
- The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman – This is a time-travelling, fantasy adventure with spies and libraries. Uh…sign me up please! This pretty much checks all my boxes. It sounds like such a fun read and I can’t wait to dive into it.
- Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman – I remember I was so excited to read this book when it came out, but I never got around to it. I got the eBook when it was on sale for Kindle this year. I still have not read it 😦 I hear it is great though, so I’m hoping I’ll get around to it in 2017.
- The Lovely and the Lost by Page Morgan – I read the first book in the beginning of 2016 and I meant to pick the second book up right away. I just never did. I want to finish the series though because I really enjoyed the first book.
- Winter by Marissa Meyer – Oh em gee guys! I just finished Fairest. At first I was like oh poor Levana and now I’m back to thinking she is seriously one effed up character. Am I right or am I right? I just need to know how this ends. I’m not picking it up until January though because I’m giving my friend a chance to finish Fairest. We are reading the Lunar Chronicles as a buddy read.
Those are my Top Ten books I am looking forward to in the beginning of 2017. I’m so behind on my reading as you can tell. I’m happy I’m almost done with Lunar Chronicles because the next series I’m going to tackle is….wait for it…. no really wait for it because I have no clue. LOL I have so many on my shelf it is not even funny. I’ll have to do a poll or something to see which series you think I should pick up next.
Happy Reading Book Nerds!